Postal code table?

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 19 19:32:37 UTC 2006

On 3/18/06, Evan Leibovitch <evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I know there are companies that sell this, and I'm told that the post
> office gets thousands of $$ for the "official" one. But I'm wondering if
> such a project exists out in the open, so to speak.

It can't exist in the open because CPC considers this to be valuable
proprietary information.

This is one of those times when the US government looks pretty good;
they expressly have a systematic way of indicating that certain kinds
of "intellectual property" are to be considered "in the public
domain."  And some of the PD stuff is pretty important/vital/valuable.
"The true  measure of a  man is how he treats  someone who can  do him
absolutely no good." -- Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)