Postal code table?

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 19 02:15:35 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I'm wondering if there exists a freely-available file that contains a
listing of postal codes that maps to addresses and lat/long

I know there are companies that sell this, and I'm told that the post
office gets thousands of $$ for the "official" one. But I'm wondering if
such a project exists out in the open, so to speak.

My preference would be a CSV file with

postalcode,city,street,lat,long

The purpose is for integrating this into the Drupal "location" module,
which includes US zipcode lookups but nothing for Canada.

Any pointers are appreciated.

- Evan