m$ tablet pc compared to mit $100 laptop

Peter plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 18 08:25:18 UTC 2006

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006, Sheldon Mustard wrote:

> One would think / hope that a Reuters' journalist would not be soo
> clueless to think that the term software only refers to one company
> products ...

The way it works in journalism is, the writer is told to do a 1000 word
article, and a 300 word article gets published. This causes truncation
from 'with open source software, but no mainstream business applications
like Office and Word' to 'with no software'. I do not think that the
journalist was clueless.

Peter