For sale: MicroATX board and Celeron processor $100 OBO

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 15 22:02:40 UTC 2006

| From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>

| On 3/15/06, D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
| > Do you know if the built in video is supported well by X?
|
| It's an S3 UniChrome.
| It looks like there's an active project on this...
| http://unichrome.sourceforge.net/

Ah yes.  The video with faux opens source support from VIA.  They
claim open source support but don't actually deliver -- some
binary-only parts.  And odd licensing of what the do deliver.

The true open source driver project looks a bit understaffed.  I don't
know if that has caused any actual problems.  They appear to be quite
annoyed at Via about via's opens source initiative.

More of the Linux video nightmare.