Apache on Debian Stable

Vince Hillier vince-WxfNDWQh5LNIo2TaICnI/Q at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 13 02:01:24 UTC 2006

On Sun, Mar 12, 2006 at 08:32:27PM -0500, JoeHill wrote:

> Hi all (been awhile!),
>
> My little Debian server has been running along nicely for quite some time now,
> except for power failures.
>
> Anyhow, I noticed recently that when I went to check everything was running
> normally, I found that loading my webpage, one sees
> www.freeyourmachine.org/apache2-default/ as the root.

In /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default there is a RedirectMatch
directive (marked with -->>> below):

        <Directory /var/www/>
                AllowOverride None
                Order allow,deny
                allow from all
                # Uncomment this directive is you want to see apache2's
                # default start page (in /apache2-default) when you go
                # to /
      -->>>     RedirectMatch ^/$ /apache2-default/
        </Directory>

Simple comment that out and no redirection will occur.

Providing your document root is setup, people will hit that doc root ;)

Vince Hillier vince-WxfNDWQh5LNIo2TaICnI/Q at public.gmane.org
System Administrator