3 to 1?

Chris Aitken caitken-Bm8TULXj0r/3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 13 00:26:53 UTC 2006

I get three of each email (from any source). This is because I have my
ISP account (caitken-Bm8TULXj0r/3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org) and two registered domains,
chrisaitken.net and shinypinemusic.com. I want to be able to /send/ from
caitken-Bm8TULXj0r/3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org, chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org and chris at shinypinemusic. I
want to /receive/ any mail sent to [anything]@chrisaitken.net and
[anything]@shinypinemusic.com. My two registered domains have email
forwarding set with EasyDNS.

To have different 'From' fileds (in Thunderbird) I need three
"different" mail servers. [Thunderbird can only create accounts with
different mail server entries.] Of course, I can only really get mail
from one server (vianet.ca). So, the three names I came up with are
mail.vinet.ca, smtp.vianet.ca and the IP address. This allows me the
three Thunderbird accounts. So, I can send to tlug from vianet.ca, I can
send from shinypinemusic.com when it's business related, and
chrisaitken.net when I think the response may be far in the future
(hence, I may have changed ISPs).

The problem is, as you might have guessed by now, that I get three of
every email. Is there any way to avoid getting three of everything? I
don't want to have to customize the 'From' for each mail as I would have
to change server settings each time (unacceptable amount of
configuration for just one email). I don't know whether to call my ISP
or EasyDNS about this. It may be something I have to do on my own --
assuming anything can be done.

Chris