/bckupdrv how big?

caitken-Bm8TULXj0r/3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org caitken-Bm8TULXj0r/3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 10 19:25:20 UTC 2006

I guess I'll start a third thread here, since my other installation related
threads have continued with a tight focus.

I have completed the new installation -- I had to install FC2 again as FC 4
was giving me anaconda related file references in an exception. I am not
equipped to deal with that.

A partition I set up is /bckupdrv using almost the whole 6 GB slave drive.
df indicates the partition is only around 1 GB:

[pauline at a800 pauline]$ df /bckupdrv
/dev/hdb1              1004024    346348    606672  37% /bckupdrv

Yet, Nautilus shows that the "new" drive has folders in it that are empty
but somehow add up to 222 MB?!

The plot thickens as fdsik reports the drive as the 6 GB that I hoped it
would be.

What's going on?

Should I recreate/format the drive in fdisk?

Chris