Ruby on Rails Reference?

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 10 00:00:39 UTC 2006

Lance F. Squire wrote:
> I'm trying to get into Ruby on Rails, and am used to having a reference
> book with me when starting any new language, etc...
>
> Unfortunatly, The Downtown Indigo had nothing, and the worlds biggest
> only had a (The?) book on Ruby. Nothing on Rails till later this
> year.(asked)
>
> So, What do current Railers(?) use for a reference to all the
> commands/etc avilable?
>
> The api.rubyonrails.org site is too much of an information explosion for
> my tastes.

There's a doc floating around out there called Four Days on Rails.  Look
that up, I found it a decent reference and it should be enough to get
you started (at least if it has been updated to keep pace with recent
changes).

Agile Web Development with Rails from the Pragmattic Programmers is
excellent and you can buy it in PDF form (and/or paper).  Rails Recipes
from the same publishers is in BETA and you could buy that in PDF as
well though it wouldn't be a good starting point.