Bytecc 2.5" External Drive Enclosure - bus power supplies enough juice?

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 8 20:37:09 UTC 2006

--- Daniel Armstrong <dwarmstrong-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On 3/8/06, Ansar Mohammed <ansarm-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > I would also STRONLY suggest that you take only
> exact money when you go to
> > tigerdirect.. there is just too much temptation..
>
> I know *that* feeling. :-)
>
> Never been in the Tigerdirect store... Markham is a
> bit of a haul on
> transit from my place at Queen/Broadview. Usually
> hit the College St.
> strip for my needs.

I have been up to Tigerdirect twice, the (fairly) new
Viva bus system makes getting up to Tigerdirect from
mid-town Toronto (Yonge & Eglinton) fairly painless,
if somewhat time consuming.

It is a mixed bag inside the store, some of the
speciality cables I looked at (and bought) were half
what I would pay along College, on the other hand some
PC accessories that I saw (and did not buy) were
slightly more than what I would pay at favourite
haunts along College St.. One of my purchases at
Tigerdirect was the basis for an article:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8511

At the time that video card was roughly $50 cheaper at
Tigerdirect than anywhere else in the area, easily
worth the time/cost to go to Markham :-) .

In other words a conditional recommend, check their
website first, compare prices, etc., etc., etc.. For a
few things it is worth the time/trouble to go up to
Markham.

Colin McGregor