List etiquette

Gregory D Hough mr6re9-mI4xJ4qlgtBiLUuM0BA3LQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 8 13:55:09 UTC 2006

Paul King wrote:
> On 8 Mar 2006 at 1:43, BusterThelen-YDxpq3io04c at public.gmane.org spaketh these wourdes:
>

>>I feel I have something to contribute to this thread, though AOL  mail issued
>>under MS Windows is all I know how to use so far.  Does  etiquette require me to
>>hold my tongue until I become a geek?
>>

> That is really the whole point, isn't it? I personally haven't yet found the time
> to know how to do the things I have listed in the UNIX mailers fabled to "do all
> of the above". With Pegasus, that evolution of knowledge is the accomplishment of
> over 10 years of continual use and some occasional fiddling. I have been on this

I looked at the full header and do indeed see the at_localhost and the
should be to help fellow Linux users along in their struggle to get a grip.

So here it is, my contribution to this issue. I've seen on another list
a fella having problems using wine to run PM. That poster had no
at_localhost in the header and was using Pegasus Mail for Windows
(4.31). Perhaps it is time to upgrade? Maybe this has been resolved in a
  newer release or maybe it is as simple as a different set of runtime
options. The following means nothing to me but may be of some relavence
to users of wine and or PM:

03/07/06 07:33:36
Starting Pegasus Mail under Wine 0.9.9

wine d:\Pegasus\4.12a\winpm-32.exe -i jelly -z 128

My guess is the -i switch has something ToDo with not being at_localhost.

HTH

Greg