burn bootable CD from ISO

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 8 00:56:54 UTC 2006

Chris Aitken wrote:

> When I burned the CD I did not see an option in K3B for 'make bootable
> CD' or somesuch. Should I have chosen RAW or DAO instead of Data? The
> only other option I remember was 'Audio' which, of course, I don't want.

If you're burning an ISO image of a CD (usually has the extension
'*.iso'), in K3B you choose (from the top menu)
Tools->Burn CD Image
which will prompt you for the ISO image filename. That does a raw write
of the image file to the CD, which automatically includes the bootable
stuff if applicable. (Often only the first CD of a multi-CD set is
bootable.)

(Creating/importing your own custom boot information is more difficult
but still possible -- however, this option is not what you want.)

HTH,

- Evan