Necessary changes when switching static IP

Robert F. Kennedy rfk-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 7 22:36:34 UTC 2006

Hello,

I've got more DNS problems. I had to change my static IP because there were
two services in the house that were binding to it (the virus that I have
perhaps!) and it was interfering with internet traffic. Now, when I go to
dnsreport.com I see that the authoritative DNS servers still have the old IP
206.248.137.83. The new IP # is 206.248.137.7. What is confusing is that I
thought my server is the authoritative DNS server.

I am running RH9 recently updated with yum. I am running mambo, apache, dns,
postfix and mailman. My provider is Teksavvy and my domain is
shambhalatoronto.org.

This is what I changed:
1) my backup DNS provider dnsmadeeasy.com (also my mail backup server)
2) my ISP is reverse binding to shambhalatoronto.org and
3) I put the new IP # in with my domain registrar directnic.

On the server I updated the following files:
/etc/hosts
/var/named/db.shambhalatoronto.org
/var/named/db.rfkennedy.com

Have I missed anything?