CAPA - Email Capabilities

Slack Rat slackrat-39ZsbGIQGT5GWvitb5QawA at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 7 21:34:03 UTC 2006

I was just wondering what is happening here with regard to my CAPA
query

All of the mail servers I connect to give the same response whereas I
thought they would have responded if they were clued in to RFC 2449

It is no big deal, but how would I set fetchmail not to send the CAPA
query anyway?

fetchmail: 6.3.2 querying pop.wanadoo.fr (protocol POP3) at Tue 07 Mar 2006 10:17:22 PM CET: poll started
fetchmail: POP3< +OK connected to pop3 on 1403
fetchmail: POP3> CAPA
fetchmail: POP3< -ERR unknown command
fetchmail: unknown command
fetchmail: Repoll immediately on slackrat-Ovjtva6KxFOPmWzQiAfZCA at public.gmane.org
fetchmail: POP3< +OK connected to pop3 on 1712
fetchmail: POP3> USER slackrat
fetchmail: POP3< +OK name is a valid mailbox
fetchmail: POP3> PASS *
fetchmail: POP3< +OK user exist with that password
fetchmail: POP3> STAT
fetchmail: POP3< +OK 0 0
fetchmail: No mail for slackrat at pop.wanadoo.fr
fetchmail: POP3> QUIT
fetchmail: POP3< +OK
fetchmail: 6.3.2 querying pop.wanadoo.fr (protocol POP3) at Tue 07 Mar 2006 10:17:24 PM CET: poll completed
fetchmail: normal termination, status 1

--
Félicitations
Slack Rat (Bill Henderson)