X - SU - Gnus

Slack Rat slackrat-39ZsbGIQGT5GWvitb5QawA at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 6 12:20:39 UTC 2006

Under X, if I su <username> and run gnus

1. I cannot pick up mail from the spool - no permission - since gnus
   still uses <originally_logged_in_user>

2. My outbound mail is tagged "From: <originally_logged_in_user>" which
   gives rise to all kinds of horribles when my email hits spamtraps
   along the way

This is a pretty heavy drag.

Is there a way around this?

CTRL-META-F? to a TTY and bringing up gnus CLI is not a viable
option here and the reason therefor will eventually form the basis
of another cry for help

--
Félicitations
Slack Rat (Bill Henderson)