Key signing / web of trust Was: spellcheck

interlug-vSRlqIl1h/9eoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org interlug-vSRlqIl1h/9eoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 6 02:48:12 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 28 February 2006 18:42, interlug-vSRlqIl1h/9eoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 February 2006 15:52, William O'Higgins Witteman wrote:
> >  That said, I should bring my key for signing to the
> > Linuxcaffe - I'm sure people there,  who know me, would sign my
> > key, and the cafe could act as an on-going key signing party with
> > on-site caffeine :-)
>
> Top notch idea.  In an hour I will have convinced myself that I
> suggested this first.  ;-)  I hope that David and / or his staff is
> willing to participate in this.  (And I have noticed at least one
> other LUG-regular during most of my visits to Linuxcaffe.

I said that I thought this was a good idea, didn't I?  Yes.  Yes, I did.

I met with David at Linuxcaffe today.  He seemed really enthusiastic
about being a key-signing locus.  The plan is to make a sign and web
page, and to have David (and interested folks on his staff) create
their keys in the next few days.  There will be a couple of short
howto / whyto presentations over the next few weeks.

If you are interested, mention it next time you see David.  But give him
a couple of days to put his key together.  Look for an official
announcement on the Linuxcaffe site before you make a special trip for
a signing.