different location than /tmp

Chris Aitken caitken-Bm8TULXj0r/3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 5 23:05:06 UTC 2006

I am trying to download an ISO for the first time. I am getting the
error, 'There is not enough room on the disk to save /tmp/aqxi1g8f.exe.
Remove unnecessary files from the disk and try again, or try saving in a
different location.' Well, I /am/ tring to save to a different location
- to a separate hard drive, '/backupdrive' as it has 5 free GB. But how
do I specify a different place for temp file to go than /tmp?

Chris