yum-less PSC 1610 driver install?

Chris Aitken caitken-Bm8TULXj0r/3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 4 12:52:35 UTC 2006

interlug-vSRlqIl1h/9eoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org wrote:

>On Friday 03 March 2006 21:26, caitken-Bm8TULXj0r/3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org wrote:
>

>>I'm trying to install yum so I can install the driver for the HP PSC
>>1610. I'm getting failed ependencies on my FC2 machine.
>>

>FC2 is deprecated and "End of Life" at Fedora Foundation.  To make YUM
>work on FC2 you need to point all of your repositories at Fedora
>Legacy.
>
>Start here.
>http://www.fedoralegacy.org/

Ok, thanks. I read the home page and it's descriptive not prescriptive.
I don't know how to point repositories. I assume it means that when my
system is looking for dependencies on the Internet it will look to the
fedoralegacy site. I'll read the About and the FPQs bit by bit over the
weekend as I find a few minutes here and there. If I get nowhere I'll
post again on Sunday as I have to get printing. I want to show a little
more initiative this time so as not to piss off too many people on the
list. :)

Chris

<snip>