TOC Linux

Paul Sutton zen14920-1HOZaDBbGgxaa/9Udqfwiw at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 3 19:45:35 UTC 2006

I guess this applies to people who having written a nice installer for a
game or program then leave the user in the deep end by not telling them
where the binary for the program is,  I had the sense to use file search
but it took ages, eventually found it buried locally in a hidden
directory, tree.  there was no option to put this on the kde menu,  or
any dialog telling me where it was,  (it also helps when there is a text
file or similar to) put important info in bold or underline so it stands
out   even a desktop link would have beem useful  that way I could have
looked at the properties adn done a kde menu link manually with kmenu.

There were lots of problems with users installing open office adn not
reading the install screen which asks "do you want to open MS office
files with Openoffice)  I may have suggested that that screen should be
made to stand out more,  as it's important, I never really related to it
that much partly as I have never had the problem because I read that
first, but also needed too as MS office is not even on my computer.

Paul

http://www.zleap.net
http://www.openoffice.org
http://www.linux.org