TOC Linux

John Van Ostrand john-Da48MpWaEp0CzWx7n4ubxQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 3 15:20:31 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 00:48 -0500, Randy Jonasz wrote:

> After looking it over, it appears the greatest hurdle to overcome is
> the cost of retraining.  I think  the study does not effectiveky
> represent this.  Alas, we live in a windows world and people have
> become accustomed to how that OS functions.  To teach a whole new
> skill set to a Sales Rep who only wants to update his contacts and
> fire off sales proposals is daunting.  We would have to account for an
> intial reduction in productivity and possible lower morale as people
> reject change.  This is not to say that OS solutions are not viable.
> But I am finding the greatest objection to conversion is what I have
> mentioned.

So with the new 3d Interface on Vista, how much retraining will be
needed for that?

I remember when XP came out. It was just after I had switched to Linux
on my desktop (from w2k). It took me 10 minutes to find the networking,
and I'm an MCSE.

Based on what I've seen of the Vista Interface this will be as much of a
learning curve.

--
John Van Ostrand
         Net Direct Inc.