Windows Vista info link, looking for contrasting arguments

Byron Sonne blsonne-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 2 15:51:48 UTC 2006

Hey all,

So I caught this link off slashdot the other day, and actually gave it a
read:

"Why Windows Vista Won't Suck"

Anyone who knows me knows my strong feelings about Microsoft (they're
douchebags), but I have to admit, this was an interesting article (if
correct) - if Vista actually delivers what it promises and it works (and
I'm still skeptical here) perhaps M$ has finally hopped on the clue
train. I'd say it's still horeshit, but some of the folks I work with
(also *nix folks) have given it a go, and they said rather positive
things, and I trust their opinions. Still, it's a beta...

Has anyone seen any documents/articles that do a point-counterpoint or
compare Vista to Linux/*nix? I'd like have something I can send to
people (and perhaps post on our company blog) that would help take the
wind out of their sails. Alot of the stuff in Vista is nothing new or
remarkable; yet I'm sure Microsoft is gonna be hyping it like it's the
greatest thing since sliced bread and proof of their 'innovation'
capabilities.

I want to make them look bad. No FUD please; I'm sure the truth is good
enough.

If such a doc/article doesn't exist, I suggest a bunch of us get
together, divvy up the article into smaller sections, research it, and
put something together so we *do* have something like this.

Cheers,