The latest attempt at a Microsoft car

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 2 03:03:20 UTC 2006

A buddy of mine attended the most recent CES. Microsoft apparently had a
booth
demonstrating their home control system (Microsoft Home). At the time my
friend was by that booth, the salesman was explaining that the demo
couldn't take place 'because the network was down'. One wonders if that
means that you couldn't say, leave the house because the security system
isn't working, or you couldn't microwave something to eat because the oven
isn't talking to the fridge etc etc.

I don't think I'm ready to entrust these guys with my car ... or home.

Peter
--
Peter Hiscocks
Syscomp Electronic Design Limited, Toronto