swap audio channels?

Ian Zimmerman nobrowser-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 1 02:18:59 UTC 2006

Is it possible to do this in software?  The physical layout of my desk
forces me to place the R speaker on the left and vice versa.
Actually, I don't much mind the channels being reversed for playback
(though it's still a bit confusing when I put on the headphones),
but where it really matters is for the mixer.

I use the stock snd_via82xx driver from ALSA, as included in kernel.org
2.6 kernels.

--
A true pessimist won't be discouraged by a little success.