unknown partition table

Daniel Armstrong dwarmstrong-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 30 06:33:14 UTC 2006

On 6/29/06, Jason Shein <jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> As suggested, if possible connect the drive directly to a pc through an IDE
> cable in order to eliminate the possibility that your USB case is damaged.
>
> I will also recommend running the diagnostics utility from your drive
> manufacturer before running gparted.
> For a western digital drive, download & burn the following ISO image.
> http://support.wdc.com/download/dlg/Diag504cCD.iso

I removed the drive from the external USB case and connected it to the
IDE cable, but the problem of "unknown partition table" persists.

I downloaded the Western Digital diagnostics iso and ran a full test -
returned a result of no errors found.

The data on this problematic drive exists on other drives, so I am
going to go ahead and use cfdisk to re-partition the drive and see how
that works out.

Thanks for the suggestions!