Developerfests vs Installfests

Rick Tomaschuk rickl-ZACYGPecefkm4kRHVhTciCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 29 23:47:33 UTC 2006

I can manage quite well setting up my own *NIX systems. I have some
programming skills in C, shell scripts etc. and certifications in the
industry. I shudder when I consider hiring a programmer to write me some
piece of code. My first thought is let some of these mouthy programmers
get their own line of credit/VC and hire some mouthy spoiled brat to
drain their resources while writing crap code with endless revisions,
errors, excuses. My next thought is how can I avoid using computers
altogether allowing me to keep my line of credit/VC and invest in some
other area which will allow me more profitability and enjoyment of my
money. The thought that programmers live in a vacuum independent of the
economy is kind of far out in orbit. Our world requires some
interdependence. Computer programs are for the benefit of business,
science, problem solving. Business is about creating an environment
favorable to a win/win situation for both sides and is subject to supply
and demand. The reason I use Linux is for the 'community' knowledge pool
which can allow me some chance to be competitive in my business
undertakings.
RickT

--
http://www.TorontoNUI.ca