unknown partition table

Jason Spiro jasonspiro4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 29 23:09:43 UTC 2006

On 6/29/06, Daniel Armstrong <dwarmstrong-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > I have no clue. For starters: Does the disk work on other Linux
> > machines? Windows machines? (If you cannot check those: Does it work
> > when you boot off a Linux liveCD?) Also, what do you get when you run
> > gparted, gpart, sfdisk, or fdisk on the disk?
> >

> I have tried connecting this external drive to other Linux machines...
> same problem. Running cfdisk on the drive gives the result above...
> fdisk and QTParted show an empty drive.

gpart is nice, it scans the disk and figures out what the partition
table ought to be.

(I took the liberty of replying on-list even though you mailed me
offlist. Perhaps now someone else can help too.)

--
Jason Spiro: computer consulting with a smile.
I also do computer training and spyware removal for homes and businesses.