Developerfests vs Installfests

Jason Spiro jasonspiro4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 29 18:38:00 UTC 2006

On 6/29/06, Scott Elcomb <psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Coding is overrated IMO.  It's cool, but overrated.
>
> There are so many other aspects to developing products that
> "non-programmers" are needed for.  Media, PR, organization, project
> management - these are all things sucessful projects require, and most
> need help with.

It is overrated, but isn't that because it is hard for most OSS fans
to sit and find the time and concentration for good long coding
sessions?

Though many excellent projects are also sorely lacking good
documentation (sometimes even a README and FAQ) and a good, nicely
graphic-designed homepage. Perhaps that's because the people who
contribute these things don't always get enough credit. Why are
webmasters and doc writers not mentioned in the
Help->About...->Credits... box of most apps?

--
Jason Spiro: computer consulting with a smile.
I also do computer training and spyware removal for homes and businesses.