How can we help?

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 29 12:22:20 UTC 2006

On 6/29/06, David C. Chipman <dchipman-rYHPKw+MWrk at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>         Hi Gang,
>
> Do we have a connection with
> > a car- and transit-friendly campus in town?
>
>                 My mother is a UofT professor. Is that close enough? I'll have to ask her if she would help. But, she teaches in the Med School-I don't know if that matters, through. Later,

That would only help if UofT were simultaneously car- and transit-friendly.

It is transit-friendly, though that's pretty useless to someone trying
to lug a computer and monitor and keyboard and cabling in.

"Transit-friendly" is not "install-friendly," because you've got
cumbersome computer equipment to tote around.

And UofT cannot possibly be car-friendly, because you have to get the
car in through traffic to a location that's NOT alongside a major
highway that doesn't have ample amounts of free parking.

In short, no, UofT downtown is a very questionable location for an InstallFest.
Oddly enough, this is completely standard behaviour for shells. This
is a roundabout way of saying `don't use combined chains of `&&'s and
`||'s unless you think Gödel's theorem is for sissies'.