Suse 10.1 & 10.2 kernel versions

Ralph Ellis ralphellis1-VsqqI1RANlEsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 29 01:08:19 UTC 2006

Jamon Camisso wrote:
> Byron Sonne wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> Can anyone tell me what the stock kernel versions are for suse 10.1
>> and the 10.2 alphas, and when updated what the latest versions are?
>
> 2.6.16.13 and 2.6.16.18 respectively. Distrowatch is great for package
> version details for any released distro, tuxmachines does frequent
> reviews of alpha/beta and released versions, usually giving important
> details like kernel version, gcc, etc.
>
> http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=suse
>
> http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/7615
>
> Jamon

I recently started using the 2.6.16.20 kernel which I think was just out
on the weekend. It seems to work just fine. The only alpha parts that I
have had any problems with are the upgrades on k3b. Stick with the older
version on that. Otherwise the 10.1.1 alpha seems to work a little
faster than 10.1 and is stable.
Ralph Ellis