pptp

moliver-fC0AHe2n+mcIvw5+aKnW+Pd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org moliver-fC0AHe2n+mcIvw5+aKnW+Pd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 28 23:09:53 UTC 2006

Meant to send this to the list, too.

Quoting Marc Evelyn <marc-LS3TOEUECMo/ppqrhe30yd4JHULOz3QN at public.gmane.org>:

> "man pptp" and "man pppd" will describe all of the options.
>
> My pptp.options file  is the same as in Step 2. on the aforementioned
> page (or
> the Ubuntu version of it); chaps.secrets is identical to what's found
> in Step 3;
> and my "tunnel" file is identical to what's found in Step 4.
>
> What specific Windows terminology was of interest?

Once you've set up a networking connection for VPN in Windows,
if you go to the Networking tab, highlight TCP/IP, and choose
"Properties", and then "Advanced", there's a checkbox on the
"General" tab that says "Use default gateway on remote network".
I need to know what option corresponds to (un)checking that box.

If you then choose the DNS tab on the same dialog box, I need
to know what corresponds to the radio button saying "Append
primary and connection specific DNS suffixes", the text box
for "DNS suffix for this connection", and the checkboxes
that say "Register this connection's addresses in DNS"
and "Use this connection's DNS suffix in DNS registration".

Thanks,
Mike