pptp

moliver-fC0AHe2n+mcIvw5+aKnW+Pd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org moliver-fC0AHe2n+mcIvw5+aKnW+Pd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 28 23:08:08 UTC 2006

Whoops, I meant to send this to the list

Quoting Marc Evelyn <marc-LS3TOEUECMo/ppqrhe30yd4JHULOz3QN at public.gmane.org>:

>> Has anyone any experience connecting
>> to MS VPNs over PPTP?  I'm particularly
>> interested in knowing what options
>> in /etc/ppp/options.pptp correspond
>> to what choices in the network setup
>> wizard in Windows (I have the connection
>> working in Windows, so if I just knew
>> what those things correspond to, I should
>> be able to set it up from Linux (debian stable).)
>
> I have it working with Ubuntu (Breezy & Dapper) and a colleague has
> it working
> with Gentoo.
>
> We both used the instructions found at the pptpclient.sourceforge.net
> site. The
> Debian-specific page is here:
>
> http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/howto-debian.phtml

Thanks; I'd already found that page.  The problem is
it has all these instructions about doing one thing if
the Moon is in the seventh house and something else
if you draw a royal fizbin, and I don't know which are
the appropriate choices.  That's why I was hoping someone
could provide a map between these options and the Windows
terminology for them.