Insecurity by default (was: MySQL Help)

Jason Spiro jasonspiro4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 28 21:39:35 UTC 2006

On 6/27/06, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On 6/27/06, Stephen <stephen-d-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > The MySQL docs say networking is on by default.
>
> e.g. - insecure by default.

I hate "insecure by default" products. It's led to so many PHP
injection attacks internet wide you wouldn't believe it, including PHP
bulletin board software worms that attack server machines.

How can "insecurity by default" be discouraged, though? Boycott such products???

Jason

--
Jason Spiro: computer consulting with a smile.
I also do computer training and spyware removal for homes and businesses.