OT: Big Brother watching you surf?

Jason Spiro jasonspiro4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 28 19:01:38 UTC 2006

On 6/28/06, Meng Cheah <meng-D1t3LT1mScs at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Bell Sympatico has informed its customers that it intends to "monitor or
> investigate content or your use of your service provider's networks and
> to disclose any information necessary to satisfy any laws, regulations
> or other governmental request."

This can't be good.

Also when this kind of thing happens, couldn't it end up happening
that they could monitor your Internet usage for other reasons (not
listed) too?

> http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20060627.gtsecurity0627/BNStory/Technology/

Meng, why not paste the whole article like they do on Usenet, so that
people can comment on the article to the list? :)

Regards,
Jason
--
Jason Spiro: computer consulting with a smile.
I also do computer training and spyware removal for homes and businesses.