How can we help?

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 28 12:37:24 UTC 2006

On 6/28/06, Interlug <interlug-vSRlqIl1h/9eoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> How will the Linux community help people effected by this unilateral
> termination of computer services?  How about Installfests?  Can we be
> prepared to host installfests for large numbers of disaffected
> Microsoft(r) users?   How about an installfest every week?

If they're willing to pay for it, it could be an installfest every day.

Volunteer efforts are only likely to be enough to get things started,
and to get some exposure of those that should be getting paid for
their time...
Oddly enough, this is completely standard behaviour for shells. This
is a roundabout way of saying `don't use combined chains of `&&'s and
`||'s unless you think Gödel's theorem is for sissies'.