Linux in Education

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Sun Jun 25 19:06:35 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 01:26:02AM -0400, Marc Lijour wrote
> Hi
>
> back in December we had an interesting thread about Linux and more
> generally FOSS in high school. It happens that I have an opportunity
> to discuss these topics at the Ministry of Education within a couple
> of days. I would appreciate if you had some links you would like
> to share.

  For any English and/or literature classes, consider the cost of copies
of Dickens' or Shakespeare's works.  Now imagine being able to pass them
out on CD for free, and it's perfectly legal, too.  Project Gutenberg to
the rescue.  See http://www.gutenberg.org for details.  There are lots
of cash-strapped school districts that would love those cost savings.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
My musings on technology and security at http://tech_sec.blog.ca