Printing text, image, text, image, ...

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Sat Jun 24 19:05:13 UTC 2006

On Sat, Jun 24, 2006 at 11:46:06AM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 07:05:48PM -0400, William Park wrote:
> > Is there a way (say, short script) to print 20 lines of text, then
> > small image, then 20 lines of text, then image, ... ?
>
> Besides using a web browser by making it html?
>
> Probably possible with tetex, or openoffice, or you could generate some
> postscript with a perl script or something.

In fact, someone suggested the same on <comp.os.linux.misc>.  I totally
forgot about HTML.  I was thinking LaTeX, but I wasn't sure whether
200MB TeX would be installed on target machine, which this whole thing
is supposed to run.

Then again, HTML requires browser...  I'll look into generating
Postscript directly.  That would be the cleanest solution.  If not, I'll
go with HTML template.

Thanks Lennart.

--
William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>, Toronto, Canada