Free computer: Message 3: recommitted to lady

Jason Spiro jasonspiro4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 22 17:50:48 UTC 2006

On 6/21/06, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 18:35:57, James McIntosh <jemcinto-cpI+UMyWUv+w5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I'm sorry to say it, but it's really not worth it to try to preserve
> elderly computers unless they have some sort of meaningful historical
> value, and that's certainly not the case for a commodity PC.

In some third-world countries, obsolete computers are all they have.
So why junk 'em when you can donate 'em?

And who knows, maybe "Computers for Schools Ontario" or "Reboot" would
take 'em. Or someone on the http://groups.yahoo.com/group/freecycleto/
mailing list of course. :)

--
Jason Spiro: computer consulting with a smile.
I also do computer training and spyware removal for homes and businesses.