automatically acknowledge commands

G. Matthew Rice matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 21 20:19:26 UTC 2006

Neil Watson <tlug-neil-8agRmHhQ+n2CxnSzwYWP7Q at public.gmane.org> writes:
> On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 04:00:22PM -0400, Jason Spiro wrote:
> >On 6/15/06, Neil Watson <tlug-neil-8agRmHhQ+n2CxnSzwYWP7Q at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> >>I have script that
> >>annoyingly requires a 'y' prompt part way through.  Alas, the script is
> >>not mine and may change in the future.
> >
> >I am curious, what is the script?
>
> It's a script that comes with OpenView.

I wasn't watching this thread so I'm not certain if you got your answer.

If there's no other input to the script you could use the yes(1) command.

        yes | myscript

Or if it is always just one 'y', you could do:

        echo y | myscript

Hmm, starting to remind me of that Simpsons episode where Homer had to keep
typing 'yes' on his computer.  He found out that 'y' worked and claimed that
he tripled his productivity :)

HTH,
--
g. matthew rice <matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>           starnix, toronto, ontario, ca
phone: 647.722.5301 x242                                  gpg id: EF9AAD20