Laptop friendly Linux distros

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 21 19:24:08 UTC 2006

Christopher Browne wrote:
>> http://www.tuxmagazine.com/node/1000189
>
> Unfortunately, the comments indicate that it didn't actually
> accomplish any sort of "comparison," but rather just presented a
> compilation of largely independent reviews.

A lot of comments also did the usual "well it didn't like _my_ favourite
best so it sucked" complaint.

Indeed, the approach was a little different from the usual "let's make a
big feature table" character of conventional comparisons that blandly
dominate the media landscape. However, the articles *did* have common
criteria to work with, and I invite anyone to read the piece and make
their own judgements on its utility, as well as the legitimacy of the
complaints.

- Evan