Laptop friendly Linux distros

Jason Spiro jasonspiro-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 21 16:38:58 UTC 2006

> These days there are a large number of distros that come with live CD
> counterparts - run them as a live CD and test.

Except for Debian. I wonder what happened with the Debian Live project...

It is frustrating in general that Debian does not focus as much as
Ubuntu on user friendliness. Although they are improving, e.g. with
the new graphical installer in Etch, they are often a step behind:
e.g. Ubuntu's gnome-app-install does not work on Debian, e-mail me
off-list for details why.

Am I supposed to move to Ubuntu? I love Debian though, it Just Works.

--
Jason Spiro: computer consulting with a smile.
Specializing in Linux: Red Hat AS / ES, Debian, and others. We do Windows too.