Lone Coder Blog - A Lone Coder in a Big Pond

Rick Tomaschuk rickl-ZACYGPecefkm4kRHVhTciCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 21 15:24:24 UTC 2006

Having a large corporation (IBM...etc.) on your resume is a great
'status symbol' but with the number of interviews required to land a job
increasing it is worth considering a smaller business or startup if your
budget can take the uncertainty. The long term payoff can be huge.
Enduring only a few kicks at the can interviewing with large
corporations can destroy your self worth not to mention the enormous
waste of time and energy. It is interesting to note that many large
corporations were once startups and the executive were essentially
'cowboys' running by the seat of their pants on some sort of VC. The
employees large corporations hire ensure the 'cowboy executive' has long
term wealth while limiting the employee's earning potential. Larger
corporations do not guarantee the same lifelong job security they once
had.
RickT

http://www.TorontoNUI.ca