Laptop friendly Linux distros

Jason Shein jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 21 14:58:17 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 21 June 2006 10:47, teddy mills wrote:
> I have no problem with running Linux on desktops because there are few
> thermal issues.
> I do have a problem with running Linux on laptops, because I do not know
> what to look for to get the proper thermal support.
> I mean it has to be more than APIC thermal/fan level control?
>
> Most Linux distros I have seen,  almost never turns on a laptop cpu fan
> at random times, no matter how hot the laptop is getting
> Can you recommend a distro that I can safely run on a laptop? Thank you
> in advance!

Ubuntu Dapper - 6.06 works flawlessly on my laptop. Power management,
performance profiles, hibernate, suspend to ram all work fine.

Acer TravelMate 4400
AMD Turion ML30 64bit

I have also installed it on many other laptops with the same results.

--
Jason Shein
Director of Networking, Operations and Systems
jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
( 905 ) - 876 - 4158 Voice
( 905 ) - 876 - 5817 Mobile
http://www.detachednetworks.ca
On-Site Computer Services - Available 24/7