Laptop friendly Linux distros

teddy mills lfeder-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 21 14:47:56 UTC 2006

I have no problem with running Linux on desktops because there are few
thermal issues.
I do have a problem with running Linux on laptops, because I do not know
what to look for to get the proper thermal support.
I mean it has to be more than APIC thermal/fan level control?

Most Linux distros I have seen,  almost never turns on a laptop cpu fan
at random times, no matter how hot the laptop is getting
Can you recommend a distro that I can safely run on a laptop? Thank you
in advance!

.