Lone Coder Blog - A Lone Coder in a Big Pond

Rick Tomaschuk rickl-ZACYGPecefkm4kRHVhTciCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Sun Jun 18 00:25:12 UTC 2006

Ouch, I feel for you Ken but I wouldn't put too much value in HR people.
Many of them have meaningless degrees in irrelevant subjects and are
often hired for their looks to dress up the office. You were simply at
the wrong company. I once had an interview with an HR person for a job.
The bit*h (maybe the same one ;) )raked me over the coals before I had a
chance to open my mouth. Having quickly evaluated the company and
situation I behaved (while having some fun in the process) in such a
bizarre manner that no self respecting loser would hire me. My reason
for this behavior was that if a company treats you poorly at first
meeting imagine what it would be like to work there ...yikes!!! Run,
don't walk away!!!. Yes I know many theories exist on how HR people
evaluate your personality through stressful situations, but who needs
that? Not me. Courtesy first then evaluation afterward. Don't take their
crap, fire something back. Set the tone for the interview. Your are also
interviewing them to see if you want to work there. You're better off
checking out another company through networking with professionals which
may require some schmoozing skills development. Get to know the OWNER or
PRESIDENT of the company first if possible.
Regards,
RickT
http://www.TorontoNUI.ca

--