Help: Google Earth can't find libGL.so.1

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 16 03:22:32 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 10:24:05AM -0400, John Vetterli wrote

> Easy way: as root, add /usr/lib/opengl/xorg-x11/lib to your
> /etc/ld.so.conf file, then run "ldconfig".

  Slightly different in Gentoo, but the idea is the same

  OK, google-earth now runs^H^H^H^H crawls just fine.  There's a warning
that I'm using software when I should be using hardware.  Now back to
the Gentoo forum to see what I can do to speed up my Radeon X300.  I do
*NOT* want to go back to the proprietary fglrx driver.  It gives true
Windows emulation... including the lockups that require the power to be
recycled... grrr.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
My musings on technology and security at http://tech_sec.blog.ca