Kmail and SMTP authentication

Jason Spiro jasonspiro-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 9 18:49:18 UTC 2006

On 6/9/06, bob <ican-rZHaEmXdJNJWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> My dialup provider (Netrover) has recently switched to SMTP with
> authentication.
> I can't find the place to set this in my RedHat 7.2 version of Kmail (v1.3.1)
> Any suggestions other than upgrade?

Bob,
Just curious, what are your system specs? Also, do you not like upgrading? :)

I am typing this on an AMD 1.4-GHz equivalent machine with 128 MB of
RAM and a 20GB hard drive. I could be using my laptop instead, which
is faster, but this machine works 100% fine for web browsing, emacs,
and the C++ work I do for school, so it really doesn't make a
difference. Heavier work like rebuilding Wine from scratch is a task
better suited for doing on the other machine (or overnight).

I am on the latest Debian. To save disk space, I installed the base
system only, then installed the parts of KDE I wanted: that means most
of the kde-core package.

Cheers,
Jason