Kmail and SMTP authentication

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 9 15:30:36 UTC 2006

On 6/9/06, bob <ican-rZHaEmXdJNJWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> My dialup provider (Netrover) has recently switched to SMTP with
> authentication.
>
> I can't find the place to set this in my RedHat 7.2 version of Kmail (v1.3.1)

I used Kmail for a long time back around those version numbers.  I
apologize that I can't say "go to this tab and press that button," or
even tell you for sure that SMTP is in there, but I believe it is -
Kmail was already quite advanced then and I remember seeing it.  I'm
writing this almost fact-free missive because I'm not sure anyone else
is going to give you anything and I wanted to at least say "I think
it's possible."

> Any suggestions other than upgrade?

I'm going to suggest it anyway - at this point 7.2 is difficult to
maintain and you're missing out on all kinds of possibilities.  I
would encourage you to consider it.  Why would you not want to/be able
to?  We might have suggestions to help with that.

Good luck.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/