Problems with Samba shared printers on two WinXP boxes - Mandriva LE2006

Jason Spiro jasonspiro-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 9 10:02:10 UTC 2006

On 6/4/06, Clive DaSilva <cdasilva-q6EoVN9bke6w5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> printers attached to the XP box but there is a comment under the printer
> line saying "tree connect failed" .... will have to keep researching this
My memory on this is hazy but IIRC tree connect failed can indicate an
incorrect password.

Perhaps try using smbclient to connect, and use smbclient's debug
options. Or ask on the Mandriva forums, or better yet the Samba users'
mailing list if one exists.

Cheers,
Jason

--
Please CC me if you reply to this message.
Firefox: the browser you can trust. http://www.getfirefox.com