External cases for internal IDE drives; LiveCDs

moliver-fC0AHe2n+mcIvw5+aKnW+Pd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org moliver-fC0AHe2n+mcIvw5+aKnW+Pd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 6 20:53:35 UTC 2006

Does anyone have any experience with external cases
(USB or parallel port) for internal IDE drives?  I
need one to work with quite an old drive (4GB).  It
came with a Dell machine; I know Dell sometimes has
some incompatibilities.  Will that make a difference?

I'd appreciate pointers to any brands that have worked
for you.

On another note, can anyone recommend a bootable Linux CD
(Live CD or some such) that will work on quite an old
machine (128 MB RAM) and has NTFS support?