Anyone had xlock acting up?

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 6 18:35:45 UTC 2006

On 6/6/06, Meng Cheah <meng-D1t3LT1mScs at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I've just started to use xlock (xlockmore package on Debian Sarge).
>
> It occurred to me what if it messed up?
> How do I recover?
>
> Has anyone had this experience or any suggestions?

I've used both xlockmore and xscreensaver extensively.  The only
problem I've ever encountered is that one, I think xlockmore, didn't
deal too well with a dual screen setup about a year and a half ago so
I went with xscreensaver.  It didn't crash or anything, it just ran on
one screen only or some such.

If you have issues, you can always hit CTRL-ALT-F1 to get to a virtual
console and log in to kill the screensaver process.  I've done that
too - not out of need, just to test.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/