OTA and Linux

Meng Cheah meng-D1t3LT1mScs at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 5 01:45:42 UTC 2006

Giles Orr wrote:

> I'm a huge Linux advocate myself.  But to argue vehemently for
> something when there is significant proof to the contrary is probably
> more damaging than it is productive.  Linux has weaknesses, and
> acknowledging them is more likely to win converts than denying them.
> Admit the flaws, then talk about the strengths - we have more than
> enough of those.

Lenovo To Shun Linux

http://www.crn.com/sections/infrastructure/infrastructure.jhtml?articleId=188701277

"We will not have models available for Linux, and we do not have custom
order, either," said Frank Kardonski, Lenovo's worldwide product manager
for Lenovo 3000 offerings. "What you see is what you get. And at this
point, it's Windows."

If true, I'm deeply disappointed. I'm hoping that consumers will vote
with their $ and feet.
In the long run, I beleive that they will come around but by then, they
will have dissipated the goodwill
they paid buying the company and other companies will have increased
their market share.

Meng Cheah